Why should you join our team?
We are proud to be named one of Columbus CEO’s 2018 Top Workplaces!
Based on feedback from their own employees, Top Workplaces recognizes top-performing organizations in central Ohio. Honored organizations stand out from their competitors, treat employees well and foster a great environment.
We share your values.
Do what it takes.
Embrace responsibility. Keep your head on straight. Your heart open. Your hands busy. Do what’s right, not what’s easy. Go above and beyond, even if it’s not your job. Pick up that trash.
Leave it better than you found it.
Whatever you’re given, make it better. Set high expectations and exceed them. Create interactions, experiences, ideas, opportunities, relationships, and moments that people will never forget. Change lives.
Love what you do.
Get to know and enjoy your teammates. Be there for each other. Build genuine relationships with clients, vendors, and our families. Learn. Grow. Thrive.
Have fun doing it.
Find the humor and the opportunity in any situation and keep going. Celebrate often. Laugh more. Savor the food. Enjoy the party. Smile when you stub your toe.
All for one, one for all.
Together, it is not possible to fail. Collaborate. Share what you know. Jump in. Pitch in. Speak up. Stand for each other. Listen to each other. Respect each other. Win the day together.
You can Be the Cookie.
We use the phrase "Be The Cookie" to reflect the way we live our values and explain why every person's role in the company is important.
When a client orders a cookie, a journey begins. Ingredients are ordered, a recipe is followed and eventually a guest devours that cookie with joy. When our staff visualize that process from beginning to end, it ensures that no one passes their problems down the line.
We have a lot to offer.
We're uncommonly reliable.
Learn from experienced hospitality professionals in a collaborative environment.
Work with a team that invests in your growth and sets you up for career success.
We stay fresh.
Join a fun and creative environment where your ideas make a difference.
Get involved in eco-friendly and community-driven projects to have a larger impact.
We make serious food.
Take pride in your work knowing that we are serving quality food, the way it was promised.
Working with people who take pride in their work makes every day more exciting... It also makes staff lunch enjoyable.
We are passionate people.
Strong friendships based on shared passion makes us enjoy each moment on the job.
Create memorable moments for people celebrating life’s milestones, while you experience new events and venues.
Waiting for your dream job?
Send us your résumé and we’ll keep it on file until we have the opening you’re looking for. Put RESUME in your subject line and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Innovation Chef is the Filius Flitwick of Two Caterers-she or he is the wizard who not only creates spellbindingly delicious recipes for our guests but teaches our house of culinary magicians how to make all of our recipes with consistently high quality. This Chef reports to our Chef de Cuisine and collaborates with our Special Events Chef to ensure that everything we dream up can be reproduced and finished in the field to specification.
This person is creative and passionate about food, loves to experience what is new in the industry and understands how to apply trends and innovations to high volume food production that may occur in a variety of challenging locations and situations. She/He understands that success can only occur when the sales and operations departments are informed, consulted and considered partners in the success of each and every event.
This person anticipates needs and comes to every meeting prepared to set themselves and others up for success and has the patience to help others carryout what she or he has created. The Innovation Chef will lead with a sense of humor balanced with maturity. He or she will be a good communicator and a coach to the culinary team holding his or herself accountable as well as others. The ideal candidate must be a guardian of quality and have exacting standards. This person will approach every task with our core values: Do what it takes, Love what you do, Have fun doing it, Leave it better than you found it and All for One, One for all.
This is a part time position, approximately 25 hours a week, which would include some evening hours. Pay is based on experience.
Driving a food forward culture by staying up on food trends in the industry, and educating the organization
Lead and execute 2 product launches per year, Seasonal & Holiday menu items
Responsible for new menu item development and innovation
Responsible for cultivation of existing products
Oversees new menu item testing and collaborates with Special Events Chef on field specs.
Works closely with Vendors & Culinary Analyst in sourcing products for new menu items and costing them out
Responsible for coordinating & executing tastings with the Sales team
Understand the needs of both internal & external customers
Collaborates with Sales team, and follows up on all menu requests
Create standardization of processes and procedures, regarding new menu items
Assists in training of new and current menu items with Culinary, Special Events, and operations
Manages timelines for new product development
Collaborates with Marketing on seasonal menu
Maintain scheduled office hours
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of recipe management tool
- Proficient with Caterease Software
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish
- Must have a Culinary or Food Science degree
- Must have at least 5 years of culinary experience with similar products
- Current Serv Safe Certified
- Proven results in development
Catering Operations Lead Tier 2
The Catering Operations Lead 2 is a professional, experienced in problem-solving, and customer service centered. He or she is focused, independent, hardworking, detail oriented, and task driven. The Catering Operations Lead 2 manages team members while anticipating the department’s needs. The successful candidate approaches each work day with a strong sense of urgency and high work ethic. The Catering Operations Lead 2 strives for excellence every day, has a hospitality heart, is well organized and resourceful. He or she is confident in their abilities and are quick on their feet.
It is essential that the Catering Operations Lead 2 has stamina, a sense of humor, and effectively prioritizes multiple tasks in a busy environment. He or she is optimistic, collaborative, producing a high volume of work, and adaptable to shifting priorities. The Catering Operations Lead position requires an individual who is passionate about providing superior service.
The Catering Operations Lead 2's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Staffing Coordinator responsibilities:
- Assisting to fill event shifts in StaffMate , the web-based staffing system
- Inputting staff into events in Caterease, the catering software
- Coordinating with staffing agencies for temporary staff
- Distribute confirmation emails to staff members for each event
- Managing uniform inventory and submitting uniform needs
- Assist with SE training materials
- Will dedicate part of each day to staffing duties.
- Other duties that may assist the SE Team Manager, as time allows
- Managing daily delivery schedule
- Owner of the daily dashboard
- Vehicles (maintenance / matrix / booking rentals)
- Oversee training of new Operations Associates
- Ordering and inventory of beverages and linens
- Assisting other Operations Team Leads and the Department Manager as needed
- Other duties assigned to make the TC team successful
- This is a supervisory role
- 2 years of logistics or catering experience
- 6 months-1 year of scheduling or staffing experience
- Caterease Software
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Comfortable driving large vehicles
- Clean drivers abstract and valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check and driving records screen
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Works well and maintains a positive attitude in high stress situations
- Enjoys exercising, moving and traversing for long periods of time
- Great organizational and verbal communication skills,
- Detail oriented, proactive personality
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoys team work and a collaborative environment
- Basic math and reading skills
- HS Diploma or equivalent
The Production Chef is the senior culinary leader of Two Caterers. This leader is experienced in high volume kitchens, where producing the best food from the freshest ingredients is the focus. This Chef must be passionate and goal oriented. This position is not for those who back down from challenges. Our top candidate must thrive on having lots of balls in the air but understands how to successfully juggle through careful, collaborative planning and follow-through.
He or she is a leader who understands the importance of developing the people on his/her team and does this through mindful development, ongoing training and positive reinforcement. This person is outgoing and approachable even when managing high intensity situations. He or she is confident but not arrogant. The Production Chef will be resourceful and focused on achieving the company’s goals but must never forget to bring the entire culinary team along for the ride and that all departments are part of the Two Caterers family.
Two Caterers is a fun company that is serious about food which is reflected in our work and culture. The production chef will lead with a sense of humor balanced with maturity. He or she will be a good communicator and a coach to the culinary team holding his or herself accountable as well as others.
The ideal candidate must be a guardian of quality and have exacting standards. This person will approach every task with our core values: Do what it takes, Love what you do, Have fun doing it, Leave it better than you found it and All for One, One for all.
The Production Chef responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures all food is ready at specified out times, labeled properly, in the right spot and of the highest quality
- Daily production of Catering orders, special events & corporate
- Communicate with the Director of Operations about staffing and hiring needs.
- Staff Development, including training new employees
- Vendor relations
- Oversee inventory & ordering
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products and manages daily team lunch
- Manage kitchen safety & sanitation
- Auditing existing recipe data base as needed
- Quality control procedures & standards, maintain consistency
- Staying current on industry trends and techniques
- Collaborate departmentally with operations and sales
- Participate in weekly production meetings
- Field work as needed
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate, runs regular meetings with key culinary leads using company management format
- Departmental accountability for company goals and Key Performance Indicators, including food costs and labor
- Communicates with innovation chef on menu items that need cultivated, what’s working and what’s not working.
- Culinary Degree
- Knowledge of a recipe management tool
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Experience leveraging vendor relationships
- Extensive catering experience including off premise experience
- Proficient with Caterease Software
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish
- Experience and participation in culinary Apprentice programs
- Minimum of three years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience.
- Currently or recently employed in catering as a manager of a company with a topline revenue of at least $4 million
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Demonstrable administrative skill set
- Current serve safe certified
- Cross-departmental experience
- Track record of developing teams
- Managing schedules for full time and part time employees around seasonal business flow
The Executive Assistant for Two Caterers is high energy and will always find a way to get things done. This person thrives behind the scenes and gets satisfaction from contributing to the success of the team rather than ownership of specific projects. This candidate thrives in a coaching culture and knows that open dialogue within the team is crucial for development and growth.
This person gets energy from being organized, problem solving and exceeding expectations. The Executive Assistant role is to support the CEO and senior leadership with a commitment to the company values and vision. This requires a detail-oriented self-starter, who enjoys balancing multiple responsibilities, and approaches each day with a sense of urgency. However, she/he understands how to prioritize what tasks are urgent and important, not urgent and not important and work accordingly.
The role requires coordinating various tasks, sometimes errands and special requests that keep the CEO and Executive team prepared and effective. The Assistant must have the ability to problem-solve, be forward thinking and anticipate needs, and also manage special projects that will include creating complex presentations, charts and spreadsheets for meetings. Participating in meetings, taking notes and recording action items will keep the team on task. This requires our candidate to be diligent and conscientious, produce a high volume of work and adapt to shifting priorities. All of this is done by understanding how to be firm, fair and friendly with others.
The Executive Assistant approaches every task, whether working independently or on a team, with the company core values in mind – Do What It Takes, Love What You Do, Have Fun Doing It, Leave Things Better Than You Found It, All for One and One for All - and provides the highest level of customer service.
This position is full time, primarily Monday to Friday, with some evening or weekend requirements on occasion. This position reports to the CEO and Executive Team.
- The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures the smooth function of the Executive Office on a day to day basis to maximize reach and impact of CEO.
- Researches and analyzes information, compiles data, prepares reports, presentations, documents, and other materials.
- Coordinates projects involving multiple departments, companies, and/or vendors.
- Manages internal and external special projects as assigned.
- Assists with prioritizing and managing workload for CEO and anticipates steps ahead.
- Prepares for and follows up on internal and external meetings. Assists in meetings as needed and follows up with relevant parties.
- Responsible for the setup of meeting rooms, including troubleshooting technology needs, setting up refreshments or catering, as needed.
- Assesses inquiries directed to the CEO, determines the proper course of action and delegates to the appropriate individual to manage.
- Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance. Make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day to day engagements.
- Prepares with the CEO for events, engagements, meetings, interviews, and productions.
- Provides additional support and back-up for other department needs when requested by Executive Management, eg. screening job candidates.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all matters.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Two years of experience in a similar position
- Superior written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and proactive problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with pushing executives for decisions, ensuring time for calendar management, etc.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions
- Aptitude for handling multiple assignments, competing priorities and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong degree of initiative, professionalism
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced PC skills in MS Office skills (proficient using Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the Internet)
- A Two or Four-year degree in business or related field
- Three to five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant providing support to a senior executive in a fast paced, dynamic environment required
- Demonstrated understanding of project management tools
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate community relations.
- Experience working for a creative small business and entrepreneurial environment
- Enjoy working in an open work space loft environment while completing projects independently
Catering Operations Associate
The Catering Operations Associate is a customer service professional, who delivers delicious catering menu items and venue staging equipment to clients and events. This operations team member works quickly and efficiently while completing tasks independently, in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate approaches each work day with a strong sense of urgency coupled with a fabulous sense of humor. The Catering Operations Associate strives for excellence every day, is well organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful.
This team member is an energetic multi-tasker with a hospitality heart. It is essential that the Catering Operations Associate is conscientious, producing a high volume of work, and adaptable to shifting priorities. Two Caterers is a fun company that is serious about food. This extroverted team-player is open-minded, not afraid to ask for help or admit failure, and values excellence.
The Catering Operations Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Customer service and delivery of catering orders using a company vehicle
Loading and unloading trucks for event deliveries
Assisting in gathering equipment and food items for the deliveries
Assembling sets of disposable utensils and paper goods
Setting up buffet displays
Washing and restocking dishes and equipment
Mopping, sweeping, general clean up
Assisting with general building maintenance
Assisting with care of company vehicles
Performing special projects: light landscaping/ snow removal, other job duties as required
- Vehicle maintenance knowledge
- Basic catering knowledge
Loves customer service and working with the public individually and as a team
- Able to maintain rigorous movement and traversing for up to 8 hours a day
- Consistently and repeatedly able to move, remove, transport, and position at least 40 pounds for up to 8 hours
- Comfortable being on tall ladders and at times working from over 12 feet above the ground
- Positive attitude, enjoys teamwork
- Comfortable driving large vehicles
- Clean drivers abstract
- Reliable transportation
- Works well under pressure and in high stress situations
- Great organizational skills, pays attention to details, and shows initiative
- Basic math skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Availability to work between 6am-4pm with a flexible schedule
Two Caterers is a fun company that is serious about food. The ideal Two Caterers Cook is creative and versatile. They possess a great knowledge and understanding of Food and Beverage Menus. This hardworking individual is a team-player who is able to multitask their cooking responsibilities while maintaining a clean, organized work space, kitchen, and event areas. When problems arise, they take them in stride, possessing a sense of urgency, knowing how to quickly resolve them with a calm, collected demeanor, and positive attitude. Having a strong sense of humor and collaborative spirit is a must.
The Line Cook's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in all aspects of food preparation
- Preparing cold and hot menu items in accordance with company recipes under Executive Chef
- Expediting hot food
- Adhering to local safety and sanitation code
- Taking direction in order to maintain quality control standards
- Knowing menu items and products
- Maintaining a clean restaurant and work environment
- Interact with guests
- Maintaining PAR levels and stocks
- Restocking items and goods
- Organizing the work area
- Trash and cardboard disposal
- Anything that helps the team succeed!
- Demonstrated ability to follow established recipes and procedures
- Working knowledge of food handling and sanitation practices
- Confident in executing quality and amazing food
- Ability to work neat and clean
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintains a positive attitude under stress and pressure
- Comfortable with customer interaction and media presentations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent verbal communication
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to move, transport, and maneuver a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Elementary arithmetic
- ServSafe or PIC Certification
- 2 years of experience in a professional kitchen
- Culinary Degree
Two Caterers Event Servers are friendly and customer-service driven, taking a fun, professional approach to every event, whether it's an extravagant plated-meal wedding or a pre-board meeting brunch buffet. They are willing to go above and beyond for their guests because they enjoy being a good host by utilizing intuitive problem-solving skills in the detail-oriented world of catering.
Event Servers are one of the many faces of Two Caterers, representing the company with a high level of enthusiasm and grit, committing themselves to a culture of excellence and continuing to strive, especially when faced with adversity. Possessing catering, food, and hospitality knowledge goes a long way. Also, being receptive to feedback from management allows good team members to become great team members continuing to develop the best practices to keep Two Caterers on the tips of our customers' tongues and on the cutting edge of the catering community.
- Interact with guests
- Set up and tear down of event space
- Menu knowledge
- Buffet set up and management
- Beverage station set up and management
- Food handling
- Serve food at small and large events
- Bus tables
- Wash / polish silverware, dishes, glasses
- Load / unload company vehicles and rentals
- Pull / restock equipment as needed
- Clean kitchens / facilities
- Anything that helps the TC team succeed!
- Passion for food service
- Serving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible to work in U.S.
- Ability to move, transport, and position 25 lbs.
- Ability to move, transport, and position trays and serve food for a minimum of 6 hrs
- Banquet and event catering experience
- Flexible schedule
- ServSafe certification
- TIPS alcohol training and certification